As more facilities are using fume hoods in their research laboratories, there is a demand for certified, competent contractors to make sure a facility’s fume hoods are operating effectively. Certification in Fume Hood Testing will offer hospitals, laboratories, and educational facilities proof of technical knowledge and skills to test fume hoods for effectiveness.
Fume Hood Firm Certification Requirements
- Be a NEBB Certified firm in TAB or Cleanroom or, be in the business of testing fume hoods.
- Have operated for a minimum period of 12 months continuously with full time employees as a firm specializing in fume hood testing.
- Enjoy a reputation for integrity and responsible performance. Six letters of endorsement, five from consulting engineers, architects or building owners and the sixth may be from a contracting firm. All should reflect work that the applicant firm has completed.
- Be affiliated and in good standing with a local NEBB Chapter.
- Possess the various instruments and equipment which are required; the local NEBB Chapter must visually confirm compliance.
- Confirm in writing that it will conform to the NEBB guidelines for the calibration and maintenance of the instruments and equipment required.
- Possess the current NEBB Procedural Standards for Fume Hood Testing.
- Designate in writing one or more supervisors who will represent the firm and be responsible for the supervision of fume hood testing work. The professional must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Qualification for Fume Hood Certified Professionals
- Be a NEBB Qualified TAB or CPT Professional, or be employed on a full time basis by a firm engaged in the business of performing fume hood testing.
- Hold a management position in the firm, be able to represent the firm on fume hood matters, and have a reputation of integrity with consultants and awarding authorities.
- Meet all of the conditions in either one of the following categories (note that all requirements cannot be conducted concurrently:
- Have a minimum of five (5) years combined educational and supervisory experience in fume hood testing, or
- High School diploma, two (2) years field experience in fume hood testing and attend the NEBB Fume Hood Supervisor Review Seminar.
- Demonstrate knowledge by successfully pass the FHT Fundamental Online Exam.
- Demonstrate knowledge by successfully pass the FHT Written Online Exam.
- Demonstrate knowledge by successfully pass the FHT Practical Hands-on Exams.
- Demonstrate knowledge by successfully pass the Report Error Finding Exam.